Fire hits hospital stockroom in Sampaloc

Posted at 11/03/12 4:55 PM

MANILA, Philippines – A stockroom of the Ospital ng Sampaloc in Manila was hit by fire on Saturday morning.

Investigation showed that a fluorescent light fixture caught fire in the stockroom where bed sheets and pillows were being kept.

The fire gutted the stocked bed sheets and pillows.

No casualties have been reported in the incident.

Authorities said the fire was immediately put out and no other rooms were affected by the incident.

The Bureau of Fire Protection, meanwhile, reminded the management of the hospital to conduct regular inspections on their stockroom and make sure their fire extinguishers are working. -- Report from Ricky Velasco, dzMM