Espina sacks 15 more cops
MANILA, Philippines – National Capital Region Police Office (NCRPO) chief Leonardo Espina has approved the dismissal of 15 erring cops and suspension of 35 others.
In a statement released Wednesday, Espina said the following policemen were dismissed from service due to grave misconduct:
- PO2 Michael Soriano (robbery/extortion and arbitrary detention)
- PO1 Aldrin Ignacio (robbery/extortion and arbitrary detention)
- PO1 William Cristobal (frustrated murder)
- PO1 Orlando Medico (illegal drugs)
- PO3 Resty Cunanan (threats, malicious mischief, trespassing, and alarm and scandal)
- PO2 Eliseo Santos (failure to prosecute drug case)
- PO1 Jeremias Englis Jr. (failure to prosecute drug case)
- PO2 Ronilo Marquez (non-appearance in court)
- SPO2 Josefino Agustin (illegal solicitation/collection of payment for his police service)
- PO1 Nomer Getiada (grave threat)
- PO1 Roemer Mondido (alarm and scandal)
- SPO2 Abdurahmin Madueno (AWOL)
- PO2 Grant Fausto Savedia (AWOL)
- PO1 Agustin Panelo (AWOL)
- NUP Bernardo Sasi (physical injury)
Meanwhile, Espina also demoted PO2 Marlon B Blando, PO2 Bernardo P Lapaz and PO3 Michael B Pablo.
The latest action against erring police officers brings to 73 the number of policemen so far dismissed under Espina, who assumed his post as NCRPO chief last September 7.
Under Espina's leadership, there have been 18 policemen demoted and 61 suspended.