Over 700 passengers stranded in Visayas due to 'Basyang'
MANILA -- Hundreds of passengers were stranded after the Philippine Coast Guard (PCG) cancelled several trips due to tropical storm "Basyang."
Six trips from Cebu bound for Bohol and Southern Leyte were affected on Thursday evening.
Over 400 stranded passengers had to spend the night at the Pier 3 terminal.
The cancelled trips were:
- Gloria 2 of Gabisa Shipping Lines: Cebu to Hilongos, Leyte
- Lapu-lapu Shipping Lines: Cebu to Baybay, Leyte
- MV South Pacific of Fiji Shipping Lines: Cebu to Bato, Leyte
- MV Miraculous of Medallon Shipping Lines: Cebu to Bato, Leyte
- Blessed Stars of Roble Shippping: Cebu to Hilongos
- Lite Shipping: Cebu to Tubigon, Bohol
Meanwhile, trips from Iloilo to Bacolod were also suspended on Friday morning, leaving some 300 passengers stranded.
Public storm warning signal number 2 is up over Cebu, Bohol and Southern Leyte, while storm signal number 2 is hoisted over Iloilo. -- Reports from Joy Montero, ABS-CBN News Central Visayas; Jenel Baclay, ABS-CBN News Iloilo