Students file P1.5-M case vs STC
CEBU, Philippines – Atty. Enrique Lacerna, the counsel of four St. Theresa's College (STC) students who were banned from attending the graduation rites last month, filed a P1.5-million case against the school on Thursday.
Lacerna said the parents and students felt humiliated because of STC’s imposed sanctions and so they are asking for relief from the court in the form of a lawsuit.
The students are also asking for a refund of their four-year tuition from the school, as well as a public apology from the administration of STC.
This case is an amended complaint of the original injunction case with prayer for temporary restraining order.
STC, through counsel Joan Largo, said they are ready to face all complaints.
Family Court Judge Manuel Patalinghug is set to hear the motion to cite in contempt STC administration filed by the students in the coming week.