Milk tea kills 1, downs 9 in Iloilo
MANILA – A man died and nine others were rushed to the hospital after drinking milk tea in Iloilo City.
The lone fatality, 27-year-old Ben Jason Chang, died after drinking milk tea he bought in Dakasi Milk Tea earlier this week.
Nine others who dined at the popular milk tea outlet were brought to the hospital after suffering from stomach pain and vomiting.
The city health office has already obtained food and drink samples from Dakasi to determine whether the outlet's products indeed caused the food poisoning. The Food and Drug Administration will examine the samples.
The branch of Dakasi Milk Tea has been closed temporarily while the investigation is ongoing.
ABS-CBN News Iloilo could not reach Dakasi branch manager John Berlin for comment. – report from Regi Adosto, ABS-CBN News Iloilo