Seven killed in Rizal massacre

Posted at 10/15/12 10:12 AM

MANILA, Philippines – Seven people were killed inside a house in Rodriguez, Rizal past midnight Monday in a possible drug-related killing.

Rodriguez police chief Supt. Don Bait said at least four men barged into a house in Barangay San Jose at around 1 a.m., killing couple Webb and Alma Santos, and five visitors.

Two of the suspects shot the victims while the other two allegedly served as lookouts.

Bait said they are looking into illegal drugs as the possible motive behind the killing since several drug paraphernalia were found at the crime scene.

The police chief also noted that the couple had been arrested before for drug-related charges.

The couple's two daughters, aged 10 and 13, were not killed as they were sleeping inside their room when the shooting occurred.

The police have launched a manhunt operation to capture the suspects. – reports from Bettina Magsaysay, ABS-CBN News; and Charlie Mendoza, dzMM