MANILA - The Makabayan bloc in the lower house has sought the re-channelling and itemization of some P927.4 billion in supposed pork barrel fund and lump sums in proposed national budget for next year.
In House Resolution 298, the members of the bloc listed the following as pork barrel:
- PDAF: P25.24B
- President/Executive/Other Pork Barrel: Off Budget accounts (P147.87B): Malampaya, Social Fund, Motor Vehicle users' charge; CHED Higher Education Development Fund Special Purpose Fund (P173.5B): Budgetary Support to GOCCS, Allocation to LGU, support to infrastructure, feasibility studies fund, school building program, e-government fund, miscellaneous personnel benefits fund, calamity fund, contingent fund
Lump sums lodged under the following executive agencies (P235.28B)
- DSWD-CCT: P62.6B
- PAMANA: P7.22B
- Intelligence funds: P800M
- DOH-Philhealth: P22.68B
- DPWH Right of Way: P2.51B
- OVP: P200M
- DPWH PPP Strategic Support Fund: P4.98B
- DPWH Feasibility Study/Project Development: P3.01B
- NEDA-PPP Capacity Building: P5B
- DOTC PPP strategic support fund: P5B
- DA farm-to-market: P12B
- DA national irrigation projects (Jalaur, Ilolo; Tarlac, Nueva Ecija): P3.40B
- DA Agricultural Competitiveness Enhancement Fund: P1B
- DA National Program for Rice, Corn, High-Value Crops and Livestock: P11.7B
- DAR Tulay ng Pangulo Para sa Kaunlarang Agraryo: P2.1B
- DAR support services and foreign-assisted projects for the PBD Component of CARP: P6.3B
- DepEd various items for schoolbuilding: P44.63B
- Various Infrastructure and Local Projects: P11.3B
- DSWD Sustainable Livelihood: P2.5B
- DOH Health Facilities Enhancement Program: P13.3B
- CHED lump sum for SUCs: P5B
- Unprogrammed Funds: P83.87B
- Unused Appropriations: P280.7B
The party-list groups said the funds "should be rechannelled to basic social services, government employees salary hikes, job creation and itemized for purposes of instituting transparency and accountability."
The resolution asks that presidential discretion be removed from the Malampaya funds, the remittances from PAGCOR, PCSO, MVUC and all Special Purpose Funds and that the PDAF, Malampaya, PAGCOR PCSO, MVUC, CCT, PAMANA and PPP.
It also wants Congress to clip the Budget Department's Memorandum Circular 541 on the impoundment of unobligated funds and remove the President's discretion over unreleased and overall savings.