ABS-CBNnews.com | 11/09/2012 10:35 PM
Printer-friendly version | Send to friend | Share your views
MANILA, Philippines (UPDATE) – Fire hit the basement area of Gateway Mall in Cubao, Quezon City Friday night.
The fire, which reached the third alarm, started at around 10 p.m.
Thick smoke was seen billowing out of the mall’s basement, prompting firefighters to wear breathing apparatus to enter the establishment.
As of 11:23 p.m., the Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) said the fire is under control.
Authorities suspect that the fire was caused by a faulty generator.
The incident also caused traffic to stall along EDSA. -- Reports from Dennis Datu and Eric Dastas, dzMM