Comedian-host Vice Ganda. Photo: Handout
MANILA – A comedian leads this year’s list of top Twitter “influencers” in the Philippines this year.
“It’s Showtime” and “Gandang Gabi Vice” host Vice Ganda is the 2013 Twitter Influencer of the Year in the Philippines for garnering millions of “retweets,” which “clearly showed his presence” on the microblogging site.
Vice Ganda stars in the 2013 Metro Manila Film Festival entry “Girl, Boy, Bakla, Tomboy.”
Other top local influencers in their respective categories include:
- Anne Curtis, actress (entertainment)
- Kim “Kuya Kim” Atienza, weatherman and TV host (science)
- Karen Davila, news anchor (media)
- President Benigno “Noynoy” Aquino III (politics/government)
- Aly Borromeo, football player (sports)
- Ogie Alcasid, singer (music)
- Rommel Feria, professor (tech)
- Jim Paredes, singer (advocate)
- Georgina Wilson, model (lifestyle)
- Rajo Laurel, designer (fashion)
- It’s a Teen Thing, journal (inspirational).
Kapamilya talents, shows and services also dominated this year’s list of “most tweeted” Twitter topics.
Actress Angel Locsin was named most tweeted celebrity, with “It’s Showtime” and “Be Careful With My Heart” the hottest variety show and TV soap on Twitter, respectively.
“Sisterakas,” Vice Ganda’s MMFF entry last year, was the most tweeted movie, while ABS-CBN’s Sagip Kapamilya was the most talked about social responsibility campaign on the microblogging site.
ABS-CBNnews.com is the news website of ABS-CBN.