ABS-CBNnews.com | 01/29/2013 11:34 AM
|Erich Gonzales and Coco Martin answer questions during the grand press conference of the upcoming series "Juan dela Cruz" on Monday night. Photo by NImfa Chua for ABS-CBNnews.com|
MANILA, Philippines -- Now that it has been revealed that actor Coco Martin previously courted his "Juan dela Cruz" leading lady Erich Gonzales, the actress explained why she turned down the award-winning actor.
Gonzales said she told Martin that her priority at that time is her work as an actress.
"Noong time na po 'yon, alam niyang gusto kong magtrabaho talaga at ayaw kong pumasok sa isang relasyon. Nirespeto niya at feeling ko din hindi siya seryoso. Ayaw kong sabihing basted, hindi naman. Hindi dumating sa ganoon," explained Gonzales, who is currently in a relationship with a non-showbiz guy who's 10 years her senior.
"Masasabi ko ngayon mas nagwo-work na hindi siya taga-showbiz dahil tahimik at hindi magulo," she added.
It was host-actress Kris Aquino who bared on her show "KrisTV" last Monday that Martin courted Gonzales when the two were filming the 2010 independent film, "Noy," about a journalist covering the campaign of Aquino's brother President Benigno Aquino III.
When asked about the brief courtship, Martin echoed Gonzales's statement .
"Hindi naman na-basted. Noong nararamdaman ko na medyo tagilid, umiwas na ako," Martin told ABS-CBNNews.com in an interview on Monday night during the grand press conference for the upcoming series "Juan dela Cruz," which will start airing next month.
Now that the two are reunited as an on-screen love team in "Juan dela Cruz," Martin said they are more comfortable working together.
"Actually nakakatuwa kasi kapag nasa set kami, ginagawa naming joke 'yung past. Kumbaga hindi ganoon kaseryoso. Siguro kung first time naming magkatrabaho ngayon at bilang lalaki na nagagandahanan sa kanya, baka ang tendency ay matsope ako. Eh ngayon pinagtatawanan nanamin 'yon, ginagawa na lang naming biruan," Martin said.