UAAP suspends 4 volleybelles for commercial play
MANILA, Philippines – The University Athletic Association of the Philippines (UAAP) Board has suspended 4 women volleyball players for violating league rules by participating in a commercial tournament.
In a statement, the UAAP Board said it decided to suspend the following players for the rest of the 73rd Season:
- · Carmela Garbin of De la Salle University (DLSU)
- · Clarisse Yeung of DLSU
- · Lorraine Chua of the University of the Philippines (UP)
- · Alyssa Paril of the University of the East (UE)
The UAAP Board reached the decision during their meeting on Wednesday wherein they tackled the players’ unauthorized participation in the Vikings Cup in World Citi Colleges.
The suspension will also affect the UAAP games wherein the suspended players participated.
The games will be forfeited in the following manner:
- · La Salle vs University of the East (in favor of UE), 0-25, 0-25, 0-25
- · University of the Philippines vs National University (in favor of NU), 0-25, 0-25, 0-25
- · University of the East vs University of Sto. Tomas (in favor of UST), 0-25, 0-25, 0-25
DLSU remained atop the women’s volleyball standings after the UAAP board decision followed by defending champion University of Sto. Tomas (UST).
UAAP 73 Women's Volleyball Updated Team Standings:
- · DLSU 7-1
- · UST 6-2
- · AdU 5-3
- · AdMU 5-4
- · NU 4-4
- · UE 3-5
- · FEU 2-6
- · UP 1-8