It's Pacquiao vs Bradley in April: reports
MANILA -- Filipino boxer Manny Pacquiao has decided to challenge American Timothy Bradley for the World Boxing Organization (WBO) welterweight title this coming April, according to news reports.
It will be a rematch between the two fighters, who first fought in a controversial match in June 2012.
Both The Philippine Star and the Philippine Daily Inquirer cited sources who indicated that Top Rank's Bob Arum has ironed out the details of the April 12 bout.
This means Pacquiao won't be facing Ruslan Provodnikov or even Floyd Mayweather Jr. anytime soon.
Top Rank promotions is expected to make a formal announcement in the next few days.
The fighting congressman earlier admitted that he wanted to fight Bradley again after he got outpointed by the American via a split decision.
"Yes, I want to fight Bradley," Pacquiao said early January. "[I want the rematch] simply because I want to win back the title he took from me by a questionable decision."
Pacquiao said he dominated Bradley, but the latter was still able to walk away with the victory and the WBO welterweight strap.
“Almost everyone in the world thought I won the fight, so it’s fitting to get back the title for people like me who got robbed of a victory,” he said.
But nothing had been finalized when Pacquiao made this statement nearly 2 weeks ago.