'Complete' Bradley ready for Pacquiao rematch

Posted at 02/04/14 7:26 PM

Unbeaten American boxer Timothy Bradley, Jr. is feeling confident ahead of his April 12 rematch against Filipino superstar Manny Pacquiao, as he believes he is a more complete fighter now than he was when they first fought two years ago.

Bradley controversially defeated Pacquiao when they first fought in June 2012, being awarded a split decision against the Filipino champion that allowed him to claim the WBO welterweight title. Very few celebrated Bradley’s victory, however.

Although the American has since registered two wins following the Pacquiao fight, he is more than willing to fight the Filipino again and prove that his first victory was no fluke.

“It feels great. I get an opportunity to regain whatever happened in the first fight, all the controversy and everything that went on during the first fight,” said Bradley in an interview with On the Ropes Boxing Radio.

The American was a huge underdog against Pacquiao when they first fought, but he believes that he has grown as a fighter since then.

“It’s been two years since the last fight we had, and I feel like I’m definitely in the better position,” he said. “I got more experience now than I did then. I feel like I’m definitely a complete fighter now.”

“I’m getting another opportunity, another crack at Pacquiao to get the credit that I deserve after beating another legend in the sport,” he added.

Bradley, who is earning $6 million in the fight, admitted that a second fight with Pacquiao remained at the back of his mind even after he defeated Ruslan Provodnikov and Juan Manuel Marquez last year.

“I don’t think I would be able to rest my mind without getting in the ring with Pacquiao again,” he admitted. “I don’t think I would be able to rest my mind at all.”

“I could be on my deathbed, and this is one thing that I want to be able to definitely get over and move past. Whether I win or lose, I just need to get this fight out of the way,” he said.

View more