MANILA, Philippines -- A man who helped a deranged man during a shooting rampage in Kawit, Cavite Friday morning may face multiple murder charges, police said.
Senior Supt. Dionisio Borromeo, deputy provincial director of Cavite police, said there are witnesses saying suspect John Paul Lopez, who was seen helping Ronald Bae load his firearm, was indeed an accomplice of the gunman.
"We are evaluating all the evidences and testimonials, and we are about to file a multiple murder case against John Paul because there are some allegations that he is the accomplice of the suspect," Borromeo said.
He said Lopez also tested positive for the use of illegal drugs.
Borromeo said they have already coordinated with the fiscal's office and the Criminal Investigation and Detection Group (CIDG) for the filing of multiple murder case against Lopez.
"Kapag napatunayan na siya ay may pananagutan sa batas, he will be tried in court," he said.
Bae, the gunman, was shot dead by the police after he refused to surrender. By then, he had already killed 8 people and left 10 others injured.
ANC Dateline Philippines, January 5, 2013