MANILA -- Netizens and petitioners against the Anti-Cybercrime Law welcomed the Supreme Court's extension of a 120-day temporary restraining order (TRO) earlier issued against the implementation of the controversial law.
Lawyer JJ Disini said the TRO may likely stay permanent until the court resolves all the 15 petitions.
Another petitioner, Bayan Muna Rep. Teddy Casiño, said, "We won the battle today. Let us make sure we win the war!"
The Kabataan party-list group, who also filed a petition before the Supreme Court last year, said at some point, the high court and the Aquino government will have to decide whether to junk the law or not.
The group said this will depend on the pressure from citizens who are against the law.
Netizen group Democracy.Net.PH said it hopes Congress will be as responsive as the Supreme Court to the sentiments against the Anti-Cybercrime Law.
The word "TRO" also trended on microblogging site Twitter as netizens hailed the indefinite extension of the TRO.
Twitter user Reignell even tweeted an imaginary scorecard between netizens and Malacañang, while Twitter user Thysz had a hashtag on the news -- "winning".
@ANCALERTS, February 5, 2013