MANILA, Philippines -- National Broadband Network (NBN)-ZTE deal whistleblower Rodolfo "Jun" Lozada is crying foul over the arrest warrant issued by the Sandiganbayan for graft charges filed against him before the Office of the Ombudsman.
The case stems from Lozada's alleged involvement in questionable leasehold rights grants as president of the Philippine Forest Corporation in 2009.
Lozada said the arrest warrant is just another form of harassment.
He also told ANC armed men had come to his home twice and his family is now in hiding because of threats against them.
Lozada also decried government's treatment of whistleblowers.
He testified on the allegedly anomalous multi-million broadband network deal entered into by government with chinese firm ZTE during the Arroyo administration.
"Armed men have come to my house already twice last Saturday and Monday... We're not hiding to hide from justice. We're hiding from armed men that had been chasing after us," he said.
"It's really sending a wrong signal na kami pa ang kalaban ng administration," Lozada added.
Meanwhile, Palace Communications Secretary Sonny Coloma said as an accused, Lozada has a right to due process.
Coloma urged Lozada to come out with evidence to support his case.
"Kung saan bagama't siya ay akusado meron siyang karapatan, meron ding presumption of innocence, kailangan lang diyan maghain siya ng sariling pruweba... Ito ang aming patakaran, patas na proseso sa pag-alam ng katotohanan," he said.
ANC Dateline Philippines, February 7, 2013